Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
"This zesty ground beef and vegetable soup is flavorful and fast to fix," reports Lynnette Davis of Tullahoma, Tennessee. "It makes a complete meal when served with warm corn bread, sourdough bread or French bread."
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (30 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p35
Reviews for Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
Easy and quick to make with good flavor. I've been making it since the recipe came out in 1999.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >