Spicy Beef Satay Recipe
The fragrant spices and full flavors of North African cuisine make these appetizers a tasty party food.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cumin and coriander
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine almonds, mint, onion, lemon juice, garlic and spices. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 24 pieces. Shape each piece into a 3x1-in. rectangle; insert a soaked wooden appetizer skewers into each.
- 3. Broil 6 in. from the heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Arrange on a serving platter. Drizzle with sauce mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
1 appetizer with 1 teaspoon sauce equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Beef Satay
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC