Spicy Beef Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. Partially freeze beef. Slice across the grain into thin strips; set aside. For dressing, combine lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, basil and mint; set aside.
- 2. In a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the jalapeno, garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add beef; stir-fry until cooked as desired. Remove beef from pan; gently toss with red pepper and cucumber.
- 3. Place greens in a large bowl or divide among individual bowls or plates; top with beef mixture. Add dressing to pan and bring to a boil; remove from the heat and drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 152 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Spicy Beef Salad
"I like how the mint gave this dish a unique flavour!"