Spicy Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper and lime slices, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, soy sauce, molasses, jalapeno, garlic and ginger; stir into beef. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- On a large platter, layer salad greens, tomato, beef mixture and onions. Garnish with jalapeno and lime slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Beef Salad(5)
Sort By :
I tired this recipe and now I make it often. I add cukes and other veggies as well.
This tastes to me like the lettuce cup appetizers at PF Changs. Very good, I added about an extra Tbsp of lime juice and the zest of two limes. This was very unusual, but very good. I would make this again. I didn't top it with more jalapeno, but left it on the side for my husband. I prefer my jalapeno cooked.
ohh sometimes we add chicken instead of beef or combine both
this is wonderful... we omit the xtra oil added and lime juice
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >