Spicy Beef Burritos Recipe
- 2 to 3 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup salsa verde or regular salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 3 teaspoons diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar or Colby cheese
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes and additional salsa, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the beef, salsa, chilies and jalapenos if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold the sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream, tomatoes and additional salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 burrito equals 210 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.