Green chilies, salsa and jalapeno peppers add lots of zip to these meaty burritos from Deb Poitz of Fort Morgan, Colorado. "Instead of cooking the filling on the stove, it can be simmered in a slow cooker," Deb suggests.
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 2 to 3 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup salsa verde or regular salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 3 teaspoons diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar or Colby cheese
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes and additional salsa, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the beef, salsa, chilies and jalapenos if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold the sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream, tomatoes and additional salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Beef Burritos in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p43
Reviews for Spicy Beef Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review