- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, toss beef with ginger, 2 garlic cloves, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, chili sauce, lime peel, lime juice and remaining salt until blended.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry red pepper, red onion, jalapeno and remaining garlic in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or just until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in coconut milk mixture; heat through. Add spinach and beef; cook until spinach is wilted and beef is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Beef & Pepper Stir-Fry
"absolutely fantastic. my husband and i love thai food and we are always looking for recipes that incorporate those flavors. i just got a breville wok and wanted to try this. i followed the recipe except added some premade thai curry sauce(comes in small 4 oz tins in our local ethnic grocery store) to the coconut milk mixture. this was unbelievable. this was as good as if not better than many beef dishes we have had in restaurants. will try this next with shrimp and chicken. plus it was easy to make."
"This was incredible! I loved the spicy sweet flavor. Nice change up from your standard stir fry."
"This is really good. NIce and spicy. I might try this with chicken as well."
"Oh my goodness, this was delicious! I used pickled jalapenos as that's what I had on hand. It reminds me of eating at HuHot - yum!"
"Fabulous, flavorful and healthy!"
"Nice spice. My family loves it. I am making it for the third time tonight."
"Really good stir fry. My family is not found of coconut but we still loved this even with the coconut milk."
"Great flavor. Left out the chili sauce and reduced the jalape?o since our kids were having it and just added them to our portions separately. Our 6 year old especially liked it."
"This recipe is a winner! Absolutely delicious. It tastes more like a Thai curry than a stir fry with the balanced sweet, salty, spicy and sour (lime) flavors. I left out the jalapeno and red onion, and used Chinese chili sauce instead of Sriracha. Yum!"
"I love this stir-fry it is full of spice and flavor!"