Spicy Beans with Turkey Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Beans with Turkey Sausage
Sort By :
"This recipe is quick to prepare for crockpot. Great taste but not spicy. I did use medium salsa and 3/4 cup of water."
"the taste was just OK. It was very easy to make"
"I think it needed a little more spice. Tasteful and low cal."
"I would make this again. But I would bake it in a pumpkin. Clean it out and oil the outside with oil rmember to put the top back"
"Absolutely loved this super simple recipe!!! I did tweak for personal preference. I added an additional 1/2 tsp cumin and used chili beans instead of kidney beans!! I also made it on the stove but will definitely try crock pot I just didn't wanna wait. Will probably need to double recipe next time. Yummy"