Spicy Bean and Beef Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky picante sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- Pastry for double-crust pie (10 inches)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, 1 cup of picante sauce, cornstarch, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in the beans, 1-1/2 cups of cheese, 1/2 cup onions and the beef mixture.
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry; fill with bean mixture. Top with remaining pastry; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with the sour cream, olives and remaining picante sauce, cheese and onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Bean and Beef Pie(21)
Sort By :
I HAVEN'T MADE THIS RECIPE BUT I WONDER WHAT COULD A PERSON USE IN PLACE OF THE CANNED SOUP. I DON'T BUY CANNED SOUP BECAUSE OF THE SODIUM. THE RECIPE SOUNDS REALLY GOOD. DONALEE2
My kids loved this! It wasn't really "spicy," though, which was fine--just a bit of a misnomer for me. Nice new package for some familiar ingredients.
This is the best pie I have ever tasted. I have a 14 year old who is fussy when it comes to meals and she requests this often.
I make this with vegetarian hamburger substitute. It turns out great. Way less fat.
This past year I made my kids favorite meal for their birthday. This one is my youngest sons. We all love it. Thanks.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >