Spicy Bavarian Beer Mustard Recipe
Here's a gift that has bite! Include a festive tag that lists serving suggestions. For example, the spicy beer mustard is great with pretzels or as a condiment for bratwurst. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups dark beer
- 2 cups brown mustard seed
- 2 cups ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine beer and mustard seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Place seed mixture in a blender. Cover and process until chopped and slightly grainy.
- 3. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the ground mustard, brown sugar, vinegars, salt, allspice and cloves. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 4. Ladle hot liquid into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 5. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Spicy Bavarian Beer Mustard
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC