- 2 cups dark beer
- 2 cups brown mustard seed
- 2 cups ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, combine beer and mustard seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place seed mixture in a blender. Cover and process until chopped and slightly grainy.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the ground mustard, brown sugar, vinegars, salt, allspice and cloves. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Ladle hot liquid into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Spicy Bavarian Beer Mustard in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p65
Reviews for Spicy Bavarian Beer Mustard
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review