Spicy Barbecued Peanuts Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add Liquid Smoke if desired and peanuts; toss to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- 2. Spread in a single layer in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 163 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Spicy Barbecued Peanuts
"I made these for holiday gifts to nieghbors and friends. Everyone loved them and now they are asking for more."