Spicy Barbecued Peanuts Recipe
Cayenne pepper gives these sugar-glazed nuts a spicy kick. I've found that folks who favor sweet and savory flavors can't stop eating these mouthwatering morsels.—Linda Johnsson, Marion, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:18 servings
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add Liquid Smoke if desired and peanuts; toss to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts; toss to coat.
- 2. Spread in a single layer in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 163 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC