This zesty chicken is great served with basil-buttered grilled corn on the cob and fresh coleslaw. —Rita A. Wintrode, Corryton, Tennessee
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add chili sauce, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, chili powder and remaining seasoning blend and cayenne; rub over chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with chili sauce mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review