I work full-time outside of the home, so I look for economical meals like this that can be served for a couple of days. I like to serve these sandwiches with baked beans and coleslaw.
Recommended: The Best BBQ Recipes Across America
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 12 to 14 hard rolls, split and toasted
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until lightly browned. Add roast and brown on all sides. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Shred meat; return to sauce and heat through. Serve about 1/2 cup on each roll. Yield: 12 -14 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Barbecued Beef Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p88
Reviews for Spicy Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review