- 3 cups cubed cooked or barbecued chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lettuce leaves or hard rolls, optional
- In a large bowl, toss chicken, celery, onion and relish. Combine mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce until well mixed. Stir in chicken mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves or rolls if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Barbecue Chicken Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p9
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Barbecue Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review