Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
"This grilling recipe has been in our family for many years and always gets rave reviews," comments Jane Bone. The Cape Coral, Florida subscriber combines tender marinated shrimp with bacon strips to produce these delightful appetizers that will surely disappear in a hurry.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, curry powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9 bacon strips, halved lengthwise
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill bacon-wrapped shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC