Spicy Asparagus Spears Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the onion powder, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes. Add asparagus spears, stir gently to coat. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter)equals 26 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.