Spicy Asparagus Spears
This no-fuss dish gets its zippy taste from Cajun seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Even those who don't like asparagus will enjoy these buttery spears.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the onion powder, seasoned
- salt, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes. Add asparagus spears,
- stir gently to coat. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until
- crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter)equals 26 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.