Spicy Asian Shrimp Salad
This flavorful main dish salad pairs well with a glass of Gallo® Family Vineyards White Zinfandel. The salad dressing also makes a wonderful marinade for grilled meats, poultry and fish.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place the lettuce in a large serving platter. Arrange the shrimp,
- bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, cilantro and mint leaves on top.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir until sugar is
- dissolved. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a