- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place the lettuce in a large serving platter. Arrange the shrimp, bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, cilantro and mint leaves on top.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Asian Shrimp Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p45
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Asian Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review