- 8 ounces thick rice noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Add the water chestnuts, corn, peas, salt, basil and pepper; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut sauce. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Drain noodles; divide among four soup bowls. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons peanut sauce and toss to coat. Top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Asian Noodle Bowls in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p89
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Asian Noodle Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >