This sweet-tart fruit punch is scented with cinnamon, allspice and cloves, which makes it a fantastic beverage for winter and fall. If you like use, 1 medium red-skinned apple and 1 medium green-skinned apple for even more color.—Tina Bellows, Racine, Wisconsin
Featured In: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 10 whole allspice
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups ginger beer, chilled
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 1 large pear, cubed
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Place the cinnamon, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- Place the apricot nectar, water, lemon juice and spice bag in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and steep for 5 minutes. Transfer to a pitcher. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Discard spice bag.
- Just before serving, add the ginger beer, fruits and, if desired, mint leaves. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Apricot Sangria in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p97
Reviews for Spicy Apricot Sangria
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review