Spicy Apricot-Glazed Chicken
Save yourself a trip to the store and check the fridge first. Chicken turns sweet and hot when you pull out the chili sauce, mustard and apricot preserves. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. In a small saucepan, combine the first five
- ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Place chicken on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 165°. Brush occasionally with preserves
- mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 209 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.