Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs Recipe
Chicken thighs are inexpensive and make a great dinner for a large group. The apricot glaze gives the meat a tempting gloss and the few minutes in the broiler crisps the skin to perfection. Leftovers are great the next day, too! Just turn oven on 375° and heat chicken for 10-15 minutes.—Marcy Gallinger, Deer Park, Washington
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn chicken. Spoon some sauce over chicken. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken again; baste with sauce. Broil for 2-3 minutes longer or until browned. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p147
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2014
Love all the spices in this meal,so delicious!!