- 5 pounds tart apples (about 16 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25-35 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; mash apples to desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Spice Applesauce in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p48
Reviews for Spicy Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2008
"Loved this!!! It was easy and so healthy too! You should reprint this in the Healthy Cooking Magazine. I loved that it had no salt or added sugar.Thanks!"