Spicy Applesauce Recipe
"We have an apple-picking party every year," mentions Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington. "It's a bushel of fun, and I look forward to cooking a batch of this easy applesauce seasoned with cinnamon, cloves and allspice."
- 16 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat; mash apples to desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Spice Applesauce in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p48
Reviews for Spicy Applesauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2008
Loved this!!! It was easy and so healthy too! You should reprint this in the Healthy Cooking Magazine. I loved that it had no salt or added sugar.