Spicy Apple Tea Recipe
Ideal for a chilly winter’s day, this comforting beverage is one of my slow-cooker staples. It’ll warm you from head to toe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:21 servings
- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarts unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, apple juice, brown sugar and tea bags. Place the cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Serve warm in mugs. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 84 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC