Spicy Apple Tea
Ideal for a chilly winter’s day, this comforting beverage is one of my slow-cooker staples. It’ll warm you from head to toe.
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarts unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, apple juice, brown sugar
- and tea bags. Place the cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves
- on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and
- tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard
- tea bags and spice bag. Serve warm in mugs. Yield: 21 servings (3/4
- cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 84 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.