Here is a fun way to use up apple preserves. Or, be creative and change up the jelly and preserves to develop a variety of flavor combos. My favorite is apple jelly with orange marmalade.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers or gingersnap cookies
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, preserves, horseradish, mustard and pepper until blended. Pour over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or cookies. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Apple Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p19
Reviews for Spicy Apple Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"Made this for New Year's Eve, and my guests raved. I added a bit more horseradish and a few dashes of cayenne pepper to give it an extra kick. Served it with the original Ritz crackers. This should be called a Spread, not a Dip..."