Spicy Almonds Recipe
Our family takes many adventurous hikes in the Selquirk mountain range surrounding our summer lake cabin. These nuts never tasted better than when we enjoyed them together at the peak of an amazing hike. Almonds are extremely nutritious, and, when dressed up with a wonderful blend of spices, they go from ordinary to extra-ordinary! —Gina Myers, Spokane, Washington
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another small bowl, combine almonds and oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 230 calories, 20 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Almonds
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"My husband loves these!!! Thank you!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC