Spicey Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the hash browns, cumin and chili powder in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until golden. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onions, peppers and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until almost set. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan. Spread salsa over crust. Top with egg mixture. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 375 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 fat
Reviews for Spicey Breakfast Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.