Sylvia Ford of Kennett, Missouri shared the recipe for this delicious blend of fruit juices that's perked up with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 quart unsweetened apple juice
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), broken
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Discard the orange
- and lemon slices, cloves and cinnamon before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 129 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.