Spiced Walnut Sauce
For a deliciously different topping for ice cream, pancakes and waffles, try this thick, rich sauce. It's the perfect blend of spice and walnut flavors.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 4 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, cinnamon and cloves. Bring
- to a boil; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the
- heat; discard cloves. Stir in walnuts. Cool. Serve over ice cream,
- pancakes or waffles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 152 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.