Flavors of tart tomatoes and cloves shine in this good-for-you soup. Having to cut down on sodium, I often experiment with spices to replace the salt.—Carol Foiles, Clark, South Dakota
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In a blender or food processor, cover and process tomatoes until pureed.
- In a saucepan, dissolve bouillon in water. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Tomato Soup in Country Woman March/April 2004, p36
Reviews for Spiced-Up Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review