Spiced-Up Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 large sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice, brown sugar, basil, mint, soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic and ginger. Slowly whisk in oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until no longer pink. Add the jalapeno, salt, white pepper, paprika and remaining garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- 3. Place salad greens on a large platter; top with red peppers, cucumber and chicken. Bring lime juice mixture to a boil; drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cup: 248 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Spiced-Up Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.