- BERRY FILLING:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- SPICED SHORTCAKES:
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping
- For berry filling, in a large bowl, combine berries and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle over berries; toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes to allow berries to release juices, stirring occasionally.
- For the spiced shortcakes, combine baking mix, sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. To serve, split warm shortcakes. Place 1 shortcake bottom on each serving plate. Top each with 2/3 cup berry filling and 1/3 cup whipped topping. Cover with shortcake tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spiced Triple Berry Shortcakes
Sort By :
I make this recipe for most summer events and everyone LOVES it. The mixture of spices and the vanilla really make it something special. I just love how it puts a twist to the normal berries and sugar.