Spiced Tomato Drink Recipe
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spiced Tomato Drink
"This is one great drink. I have made it several times. Wasn't sure if I would like it cold though, but it's wonderful both ways.... warm or cold."