"I was looking for a different beverage to serve when I remembered a tomato drink If sampled in New Guinea," writes Dorothy Anne Schultz, from Dallas, Oregon. "I experimented until I came up with this spicy concoction. It's delicious hot or cold anytime of the day. If you're watching your salt, use reduced sodium tomato juice and skip the salt."
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Tomato Drink in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p10
Reviews for Spiced Tomato Drink
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review