"I was looking for a different beverage to serve when I remembered a tomato drink If sampled in New Guinea," writes Dorothy Anne Schultz, from Dallas, Oregon. "I experimented until I came up with this spicy concoction. It's delicious hot or cold anytime of the day. If you're watching your salt, use reduced sodium tomato juice and skip the salt."
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Tomato Drink in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p10
Reviews for Spiced Tomato Drink
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2011
"This is one great drink. I have made it several times. Wasn't sure if I would like it cold though, but it's wonderful both ways.... warm or cold."