I bake these cookies for family gatherings because my crowd likes cookies thin and chewy with a crispy exterior. The toffee bits make a happy surprise.—Gloria Bradley, Naperville, IL
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and wheat germ until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in toffee bits.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Freeze option: Freeze shaped balls of dough on baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake cookies as directed. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Toffee Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p41
Reviews for Spiced Toffee Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review