Spiced Tea Recipe
Simply by simmering together spices, tea and fruit juices, Janice Connelley of Mountain City, Nevada created a concoction that gives extra zip to festive party plans. "It's easy to fix," she details. "For a nice touch, I put cinnamon stick 'stirrers' in the cups before serving."—Janice Connelley, Spring Creek, Nevada
- 3 quarts water, divided
- 4 tea bags
- 18 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, bring 1 qt. of water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- 2. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string (or, if desired, place loose spices in pan and strain tea before serving).
- 3. Place the cheesecloth bag in pan; add the concentrates, sugar, tea and remaining water; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 6 minutes. Serve hot. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC