Simply by simmering together spices, tea and fruit juices, Janice Connelley of Mountain City, Nevada created a concoction that gives extra zip to festive party plans. "It's easy to fix," she details. "For a nice touch, I put cinnamon stick 'stirrers' in the cups before serving."Janice Connelley, Spring Creek, Nevada
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 quarts water, divided
- 4 tea bags
- 18 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, bring 1 qt. of
- water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep
- for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Place cloves and cinnamon sticks in a double thickness of
- cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string (or, if
- desired, place loose spices in pan and strain tea before serving).
- Place the cheesecloth bag in pan; add the concentrates, sugar, tea
- and remaining water; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 6
- minutes. Serve hot. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.