- 3 quarts water, divided
- 4 tea bags
- 18 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, bring 1 qt. of water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Place cloves and cinnamon sticks in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string (or, if desired, place loose spices in pan and strain tea before serving).
- Place the cheesecloth bag in pan; add the concentrates, sugar, tea and remaining water; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 6 minutes. Serve hot. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Spiced Tea
"This is my mother's recipe, which we have had almost every Christmas for 60 years. The only difference is that she uses 6 large tea bags and doesn't bother straining the spices. If they get scooped into the cup, just drink around them. The fragrance of this spiced tea means Christmas to me and it is truly a wonderful holiday tradition."