Spiced Tea Poached Pears Recipe
Pears are among my favorite fall fruit. Prepared in this lovely dessert makes them especially spectacular. Easy elegance at it's best—and that's important around the holidays.
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 9 orange-flavored black tea bags
- 12 medium pears
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the water, brown sugar, cranberry sauce and honey. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5-8 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears; cut a thin slice from bottom to level if necessary. Remove and discard tea bags. Add pears to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups tea mixture to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the creme fraiche, confectioners' sugar and orange peel. Place pears on dessert plates. Drizzle with syrup and serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 poached pear with 2 teaspoons syrup and 2 teaspoons sauce: 175 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Spiced Tea Poached Pears
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC