- 7 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 9 orange-flavored black tea bags
- 12 medium pears
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water, brown sugar, cranberry sauce and honey. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears; cut a thin slice from bottom to level if necessary. Remove and discard tea bags. Add pears to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups tea mixture to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the creme fraiche, confectioners' sugar and orange peel. Place pears on dessert plates. Drizzle with syrup and serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Tea Poached Pears in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p116
Reviews for Spiced Tea Poached Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >