Spiced Tea Mix Recipe
For years, our family has relied on this homespun mix to make hot spiced tea and a heartwarming punch. My parents always served steaming mugs of this punch at Thanksgiving. It was everyone's favorite. —Deb McKinney, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- 1 jar (21.1 ounces) orange breakfast drink mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sugar-free instant lemon iced tea mix
- 2/3 cup sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR HOT SPICED TEA:
- 1 cup boiling water
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR HOT SPICED PUNCH:
- 2 quarts apple juice or cider
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches)
- 1. In an airtight container, combine the first five ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 7-1/2 cups total.
- 2. To prepare tea: Dissolve about 1 tablespoon tea mix in boiling water; stir well. Yield: 1 serving.
- 3. To prepare punch: In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the juices, 1/4 to 1/3 cup tea mix and cinnamon sticks. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Yield: about 12 servings (6 ounces each). Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 30 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC