Spiced Tea Delight Recipe
“I came up with this dessert to complement an Asian-themed dinner I was preparing. It has a delicate chai flavor and lovely color.—Maria Barnet, Wilmington, Delaware
- 3 cups water
- 4 ginger-flavored herbal tea bags
- 4 green tea bags
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into tea mixture. Discard tea bags.
- 3. Stir in the cream, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Pour into a 5-cup mold coated with cooking spray or divide among six dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate until set. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 253 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Tea Delight
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC