“I came up with this dessert to complement an Asian-themed dinner I was preparing. It has a delicate chai flavor and lovely color.—Maria Barnet, Wilmington, Delaware
Featured In: 25 Potluck Desserts to Feed a Crowd
- 3 cups water
- 4 ginger-flavored herbal tea bags
- 4 green tea bags
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into tea mixture. Discard tea bags.
- Stir in the cream, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Pour into a 5-cup mold coated with cooking spray or divide among six dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate until set. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Tea Delight in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p36
Reviews for Spiced Tea Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review