Spiced Tangerine Ham
Slices of fully cooked ham are glazed with a thick fruit sauce that's nicely seasoned with ginger and cloves. This entree is special enough for company, yet it's ready in just 15 minutes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 medium tangerines
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 slices fully cooked ham, (1 pound)
- Squeeze juice from six tangerines; strain pulp. Cut a thin slice off
- the bottom and top of the remaining tangerines. Place each tangerine
- cut side down on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, remove peel
- and white pith from fruit. Holding fruit over a bowl, slice between
- the membrane of each section and the fruit until the knife reaches
- the center; remove sections; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and tangerine juice until smooth;
- stir in the honey, ginger and cloves.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ham
- slices on both sides; remove and keep warm. Stir tangerine juice
- mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tangerine segments; heat
- through. Serve with the ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked ham with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 232 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,623 mg sodium,