Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe
The recipe for these simply seasoned sweet potato wedges comes from a 1900's cookbook. It's proof that tried-and-true dishes never go out of style.—Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine preserves and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. Place potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Brush half of the preserve mixture over potatoes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with remaining preserve mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
4 piece: 181 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC