This Thanksgiving serve your spuds as soup. It makes a unique first course, and guests will love the creamy texture and flavors of ginger, cinnamon and curry. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to slow cooker and heat through. If desired, top servings with pumpkin seeds. Yield: 12 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Spiced Sweet Potato Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p97
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review