Spiced Sweet Potato Pudding
One of my favorite fall desserts, this treat's rich flavors are well suited to the chillier months. I like to serve it over a slice of pound cake or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Pound cake, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover
- and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve with pound cake if desired. Yield: 7 servings.