Spiced Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
“I wanted to create a lightened version of this classic pie, so I cut back on the sugar and added vanilla and bourbon to increase flavor without adding fat.” Diana Rios - Lytle, Texas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the the first seven ingredients until blended. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Pour into crust.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 285 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC