- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- GINGER BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, orange peel, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sweet potatoes; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger butter ingredients. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p41
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
"Very easy great use for left over sweet potatoes. Not overly sweet."
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2010
"My husband and I loved these!"