Spiced Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
This moist and spicy bread from field editor Rebecca Cook Jones of Henderson, Nevada gives a true feeling of fall. “My family isn’t fond of traditional sweet potatoes, so I make this yummy bread instead,” says Rebecca.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and orange juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC