Spiced Sweet Potato Bread
This moist and spicy bread from field editor Rebecca Cook Jones of Henderson, Nevada gives a true feeling of fall. “My family isn’t fond of traditional sweet potatoes, so I make this yummy bread instead,” says Rebecca.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk the eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and orange juice. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf.